Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Leptologists Eat at Rigsby's Kitchen

Candice: Let's go to Rigsby's Kitchen.
Paul: Ooo! Swanky!
Candice: It is your birthday.
Paul: Oh, right.
Candice: It's a short walk up High Street from the Arena District to the restaurant. The artwork on the walls is nice. I like it.
Paul: The space is well done. We're seated at the windows.
Candice: Our waitress is Flynn and she rattles off a list of specials.
Paul: Including the Lentil and Sausage Soup, which I will try.
Candice: Let's get the Salumi Tasting for an appetizer, and I'll have the Grilled Cheese.

alt
Table Bread
Paul: I'll have the Ravioli of Spinach and Ricotta.
Candice: The table bread is wonderful, thick and full of herbs.
Paul: There's several varieties of bread, as well as some sticks.
Candice: One of them tastes like a Cheez-It, a Cheez-It Stick.
Paul: Very nice!
Candice: I love their space. The artwork, the decor, all are lovely.
Paul: Some of these short north restaurants can be dark, but this one is full of sunlight.
Candice: Here comes the soup and the appetizer.



alt
Lentil and Sausage Soup
Paul: The soup is full of vegetables. The lentils are small and ample. The sausage is tasty.
Candice: Let me try. Hmmm. That sausage overpowers everything.
Paul: Perhaps so, but I think the soup is decent. It's slightly spicy.
Candice: Hmmmm. Well, the Salumi plate is nicely laid out.

alt
Salumi Tasting
Paul: There appear to be four types of meat.
Candice: It's a good selection, but it's a matter of purchase not preparation.
Paul: True.
Candice: But the buyer did a good job. There's a wide selection of flavors and textures: Very mild and salty. I like it quite a bit. Did you try the Prosciutto?
Paul: I did. It's good.
Candice: Here are the entrees.

alt
Spinach and Cheese Ravioli
Paul: The ravioli is literally dripping with oil. That is not appealing. It's oily on my lips. I don't like that texture.
Candice: But the taste?
Paul: Very good. The cheese flavor is strong, but the taste of spinach is absent.
Candice: Perhaps it's been over cooked.
Paul: Still, if it wasn't for the heavy soaking in olive oil, this would be excellent.
Candice: My cheese sandwich is delicious.

alt
Grilled Cheese
Paul: It looks good.
Candice: It's a bit salty, but it's hearty and thick. Have a bite.
Paul: Hmmmm. There's more on this than just cheese.
Candice: Yes, roasted peppers, onions, olives, and capers. Not to your liking?
Paul: I guess I'm a grilled cheese purist.
Candice: Just bread and cheese?
Paul: And some butter.
Candice: Well, good thing you didn't order this then.
Paul: What do you think overall?

Candice: I like it. I like the atmosphere, the variety on the menu.
Paul: Service was quick.
Candice: Until we needed our bill.
Paul: Worth the wait, worth the price...
Candice: ... And worth coming back. Happy Birthday, Paul.
Paul: Thank you, Candice.
Candice: This one's on me.
Paul: That just makes the whole lunch better. Thank you.

Candice   Paul   

Worth the Price?
Worth the Wait?
Worth Coming Back?

Rigsby's Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment